Who doesn’t love a baked good or sweet treat every now and then?
Here’s my simplified list of paleo friendly, gluten free wholefood substitutions for common ingredients required in making delicious desserts.
- Granulated sugar – Coconut sugar
- Sugar syrup – Maple syrup/honey
- Lite margarine – Butter/coconut oil
- White flour – Quinoa/buckwheat flour
- Corn flour/starch – Tapioca/arrowroot
- Chocolate chips – Cacao nibs
- Caramel sauce – Fresh medjool dates, almond milk, and water blended
- Skim milk – Coconut/nut milk
- Oats – Quinoa flakes
- Biscuits (for bases) – Almonds/nuts and dried fruit processed together