About Larina Robinson
I'm a Wholefood Dietitian who strongly believes in individualised healthy eating. Having food intolerances myself, I know the difficulties when eating out, ordering in, travelling to new places, and the frustrations of a eating a diet that simply doesn't work for your body!
Everyone deserves to feel energised, vibrant and full of life. When we nourish our body with the right foods to suit our needs, we can conquer our goals and truly enjoy being who we are. This is why my motto for life and The Body Dietetics is - Enjoy Being You®
My real passion lies in guiding individuals to their optimal health and wellbeing through wholefoods, and cutting through the confusing marketing hype. I have a really keen interest in paleo, lactose intolerance, gluten intolerance and coeliac disease, FODMAPs and fructose intolerance.
I graduated from the University of Newcastle with a Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics with First Class Honours. I love writing about nutrition and health, contributing to a variety of magazines, and regularly share a host of health tips, recipes and myth-busters on the blog.
In 2013, I launched my first cookbook, Wholefood entertaining with more than 30 gluten, dairy and refined sugar free recipes and a dedicated section filled with nutrition tips and health information specifically for those who love to entertain, and enjoy great food! Like me!
I am a firm believer in the link between what we eat and our moods, as well as the anti-ageing, healing properties of food and nature. Both of these concepts will be seamlessly integrated into my Wholefood Guides (currently in development) for a range of different dietary needs.
In the meantime, enjoy the blog for the latest hot spots, product reviews, nutrition information and wholefood recipes to suit your lifestyle.
If you're looking for a more tailored approach to your health, I have limited availability for consultations. To book a consult, permission to use any content from the blog, or for media/writing opportunities, please contact me.
1. I believe what one person eats for good health doesn't mean it will work for the next. This is exactly why I am designing a selection of programs for various tummy types. Forget wasting your money and spending precious time navigating a generic program that doesn't consider your dietary needs.
2. I believe nature provides our best source of nutrition and it's in our best interests to eat as natural and unprocessed as possible. Support local farmers, stores and fresh food producers and truly savour and appreciate our food. I believe it's important to consume organic as much as possible and de-clutter excess chemicals and pollution in our lives.
3. For centuries food has been used as medicine. There is an abundance of evidence both experimental, observational and anecdotal for food as a prevention for and aid in disease and illness. It's important that we understand the effect that food has on our bodies, beyond how it makes us feel immediately after consumption. Nutrition is still such a new science that we are constantly uncovering new information and new benefits of traditional whole foods, enhancing our knowledge and solidifying some truths of those that lived before us. Knowledge is power and prevention is better than cure. After seeing so many sick patients in hospital, it's heartbreaking to see their pain. Nobody wants to go through that, nor do they want their loved ones to go through that kind of suffering. What ever we can do to prevent sickness and disease is something we need to be doing! Food is the ultimate everyday tool you can use to promote health, wellness and lasting energy, whilst decreasing your risk of a whole list of chronic lifestyle diseases.
4. The mind and gut are inextricably linked. 95 percent of the body's serotonin, a happy hormone, is found in the bowels! When food is not nourishing us, but harming us, our mood and outlook on life deteriorates. Our diet, coupled with our daily thoughts, can be a catalyst for amazing change or a vicious inhibitor of success. The power to change the habits of how we live, what we eat and what is acceptable to us, lies within our thoughts and beliefs. Without believing change is necessary, having awareness of what needs to change and knowing how to do it, we stay the same, suffering the same. When we don't feel well, we don't look well, nor do we perform at our peak.
5. I strongly believe that what you eat affects not only your appearance, but your mood, relationships and outlook on life. It's all interconnected and I'm here to help you find that balance!
Get ready to change your mind, your body and your life.
Enjoy being you,
Welcome to The Body Dietetics' site!
I'm so glad you're here and taking a look around.
Before you get started though, there's a few fine print things we have to cover. Don't stress though, just be your usual respectful, lovely selves and we'll have a fab time!
Please read the Terms and Conditions below before using, or submitting content in any form for publication on The Body Dietetics site. It will only take a few minutes!
By visiting or by submitting content for publication on The Body Dietetics site, you are indicating your agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions. Larina Robinson and The Body Dietetics reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions.
Terms and Conditions of The Body Dietetics
'The Body Dietetics' - refers to the registered business trading under the same name ' The Body Dietetics' and it's employees.
Larina Robinson - refers to the registered business owner of 'The Body Dietetics'.
Users - refers to any one browsing, commenting, and using the information on this site and it's relevant social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram) for any purpose.
Activity/using the site - refers to any activity that a user may undertake including but not limited to commenting on, sharing, liking, and pinning any content, as well as recreating recipes.
Larina Robinson values transparency and ethics in writing, and pledges to blog with integrity. Articles, comments, reviews and recommendations you will read on The Body Dietetics are independent unless clearly indicated. Any commercial interests by Larina Robinson will be declared on the relevant posts, and any featured products or individuals who have used The Body Dietetics health consultancy services and/or programs will be clearly highlighted.
Medical Advice Policy
The information on the The Body Dietetics site is not intended as a substitute for independent professional advice from a doctor, accredited practising dietitian, accredited personal trainer or other health care professional. Information related to diet is to be used only as a general guideline, and is provided on the basis to inform and educate, rather than diagnose, treat or take the place of individualised professional advice. Larina Robinson recommends that you consult your doctor before starting any diet or exercise program. Larina Robinson and The Body Dietetics will not be liable for any losses, damages or claims.
Social Media Policy
Opinions and views expressed on The Body Dietetics social media platforms including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube pages and The Body Dietetics blog page, represent the thoughts of individuals and online communities. Larina Robinson retains sole discretionary rights relating to the content posted on all of The Body Dietetics social media platforms and reserves the sole right to review, edit and/or delete comments including, but not limited to those shown below:
- Abusive or hurtful comments about individuals in the online community.
- Comments that use derogatory or inappropriate language including but not limited to racial, ethnic or gender based language.
- Defamatory statements or comments that seek to offend rather than address the topic being discussed.
- Comments that violate the privacy of her clients.
Larina Robinson makes reasonable efforts to monitor and/or moderate content posted on The Body Dietetics' social media platforms, however she cannot always respond in a timely manner to online requests for information.
Larina Robinson and The Body Dietetics understands that privacy is important to you. Any information she collects will be used only to conduct her business, provide you with her products and services or to process your order unless you consent otherwise. All personal information will be used only in conjunction with your account. None of your personal information will be disclosed to anyone without your permission.
All content on this site is original and is the copyright of Larina Robinson and The Body Dietetics. The material on this site is for personal use only and should not be copied, reproduced, distributed, published, enter into a database, displayed, modified, transmitted or in any way exploited without the prior expressed permission from Larina Robinson and/or any other entity with an interest in the intellectual property.
Links/Third Party Policy
Links to other sites are provided for your reference. Larina Robinson does not take responsibility for any contents, products or any other materials appearing on these sites. Under no circumstances shall Larina Robinson be made responsible for any loss or damage caused to you in connection with the use of information, goods or services on any external site. External sites may have disclaimers and/or terms and conditions, which she recommends you read. Any concerns regarding external sites should be directed to the external site’s webmaster.
Users should not post or in any other way, use materials that will offend/infringe the IP rights of any third party and that in the event of any alleged infringement, you reserve the right to remove and assist in the removal of the offending material.
Thanking you kindly.
Now it's time to go enjoy being you!