Flourless Chocolate Mousse Cookie Cake - GF DF RFS
I said there would be a celebration cake for reaching 6000 likes on FB, and holy moley, it's a celebratory cake and a half!
Packed with cacao powder, coconut oil, nut butter, and avocado it's a 'fill you up quickly, you don't need another slice' kind of cake! But make sure you sit quietly and savour each bite - it's a smooth cruise through the mousse with your spoon before it hits the crunch and density of the cookie cake base. It's not for the faint hearted (or for everyday consumption), but hey you don't hit 6000 likes every day :) - THANK YOU!!
So here's the pretty simple, but crazy rich and delicious recipe! Enjoy!
Flourless Chocolate Mousse Cookie Cake
Gluten free, grain free, dairy free, refined sugar free, paleo friendly
I used a 9x20cm springform high-side tin.
- 2 large avocados
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 cup almond or coconut milk
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup almond flour
- 5 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter/almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 cup espresso (optional)
- Preheat oven to 185 degrees.
- Mix together the dry ingredients.
- Beat in the eggs, nut butter, oil, vanilla extract, and milk.
- Line the cake tin with baking paper.
- Pour the batter in and spread it evenly.
- Bake for 25 minutes until the outside is firm and bounces back to the touch. If desired - poke a couple of holes using a cake tester and pour the espresso over the top, allowing it to absorb into the cake. This makes it fudgier. Allow to cool.
- Blend the mousse ingredients together in a bowl, using a hand mixer or in a high speed blender. Top the cake with the mousse (once the cake is cold) and set in the fridge.
Keep in the fridge until ready to eat. Enjoy!