Paleo and Vegetarian Zucchini Slice
I have been craving this quick and easy breakfast or snack for about two weeks now. It must be that I am excitedly waiting to head home for Christmas for some amazing family time, great food and relaxation! I am soooo excited! Anyway, this slice reminds me of my childhood, but when I looked for the recipe, I was sad to realise that they all contained flour, cheese and sometimes cream. All things I can't have. So here's one I can enjoy again, and hopefully, most of you can too!
High protein, low carb, grain free, paleo friendly and because I had no bacon, it's also vegetarian. You can add bacon slices if you wish - I'd go for 2 rasher eyes chopped thinly.
- 2/3 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/6 cup coconut flour
- 3 eggs
- 3 small zucchini, grated, water squeezed out
- 1 cup broccoli florets, stems removed and chopped into small florets
- 1/3 cup Inside Out unsweetened almond milk
- Optional add ins: bacon, chives, spring onion, italian herbs, cherry tomatoes.
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Combine all the dry ingredients together in a medium bowl, ensuring no lumps
3. Add the wet ingredients and mix well.
4. Pour mixture into a square brownie pan lined with baking paper.
5. Bake for 35-45 minutes. Wait until it has cooled to slice. Serve warm or cold. Enjoy!