FIT THURSDAYS: TIPS FOR MAKING IT THROUGH CHRISTMAS
By Elaine Delaney, Personal Trainer
Christmas just around the corner, the presents are perfectly wrapped and under the tree, and the fridge and cupboards can no longer close due to the over-estimation of food you are going to require. Sounds familiar?
For many of us we receive an unwelcome present for Christmas….. an expanding waistline. Exercise is often overshadowed and you feel you need a break; after all, you have worked really hard for the past year. But did you know the average person gains 1.5kgs over the festive season and in many cases the ability to shed this excess weight gain becomes a challenging task?
It can be difficult to stay motivated and there is always an excuse not exercise to but here are some tips to ensure you keep active over the festive season:
- Don’t completely stop your exercise routine, you need to find time
- Walk instead of driving or using public transport
- If you need to catch the bus or train why not get off at a stop earlier
- Take the stairs instead of the lift
- Participate in fun runs or swims
- Take the dog for a walk
- Organise some active social activates with family and friends e.g. a game of cricket
- Ask for some new exercise equipment or gym membership as your Christmas gift
- Set new fitness and exercise goals for the New Year
- Use the equipment in your house to work up a sweat; have you ever swept the carpets with a brush or whisked by hand?
- Create a flexible exercise routine e.g. a jog in the morning or 50 body weighted squats before lunch
- Get adequate sleep and stay hydrate
- Christmas is a time of celebration and you don’t need to be the Christmas Grinch but little steps make a big difference. Love, laugh and be happy. Enjoy the festive season and Merry Christmas.
Love Elaine x
Hi all, my name is Elaine Delaney co-founder of Euphoria Fitness Sydney.
I hold qualifications in health promotion, physiology and fitness. Since a young age, sports and fitness have been my passion and now I want to utilise this knowledge and experience to help other achieve their health and fitness goals.
My philosophy is life is small changes in your lifestyle can have a massive impact on your health. The key to achieving optimal health is good nutrition and exercise. In modern day society your fitness regime requires flexibility and commitment.
Euphoria Fitness provides specialised one to one or group personal training, for more information on the service provided simply use the contact details below.
Facebook: Euphoria Fitness Sydney