Ten Gluten Free, Wholefood and Paleo Substitutions for Cooking Sweet Treats
Who doesn't love a baked good or sweet treat every now and then?
Here's my simplified list of paleo friendly, gluten free wholefood substitutions for common ingredients required in making delicious desserts.
- Granulated sugar - Coconut sugar
- Sugar syrup - Maple syrup/honey
- Lite margarine - Butter/coconut oil
- White flour - Quinoa/buckwheat flour
- Corn flour/starch - Tapioca/arrowroot
- Chocolate chips - Cacao nibs
- Caramel sauce - Fresh medjool dates, almond milk, and water blended
- Skim milk - Coconut/nut milk
- Oats - Quinoa flakes
- Biscuits (for bases) - Almonds/nuts and dried fruit processed together