Wholefood Mango Cheesecake (Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Refined Sugar Free)
Mangoes always remind me of Summer. As soon as they hit stores, you know the season of bikinis, tanned skin, cold fruits and sweltering days is in full swing! As they are a high fodmap food, I can't enjoy them as often as I did when I was little. But I couldn't help myself when it came to the idea of a no-bake mango cheesecake!
If you'd like to try before you create, you can! I have teamed up with Wholefoods House Queen St Woollahra to host fortnightly taste testings. I love their fresh produce - it's simply amazing. So to showcase their beautiful fresh food and to highlight some yummy goods available I'll be creating recipes and taste testing them in store!
When? 2-3:30pm every second Friday. This cheesecake will be available tomorrow (23rd Jan)!
Where? 112 Queen St, Woollahra.
If you can't get there though, don't worry - I'll be posting the recipes on here too so you can make at home!
Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Refined Sugar Free, Paleo
- 1/2 cup fresh medjool dates
- 1 1/4 cup raw macadamia nuts
- 2 cups cashews, soaked overnight, drained
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- The flesh of 2 mangoes
- 1/4-1/2 cup water (Depending on how juicy your mangoes are)
- 1/2 - 1 tbsp of maple syrup (depending on the sweetness of the fruit; adjust to taste)
- 1 tbsp gelatin powder (vegans can use agar agar powder)
1. In a food processor, blend the base ingredients. Press the mix down into a lined 8 x 8 inch brownie pan.
2. Process the filling ingredients together and pour over the base. Set aside in the freezer to firm up for approximately 30 minutes.
3. Puree the mango flesh using a blender or stick mixer. In a small pot over medium-high heat, combine all the topping ingredients except the gelatin. Once the mixture starts to simmer, sprinkle in the gelatin powder, stirring well until dissolved.
4. Remove the base from the freezer and pour the mango mixture on top. Set in the fridge overnight. Serve cold.
Enjoy Being You,