Packaged wholefood lunch box ideas for the whole family (Plus WIN a chance at a $50 voucher!)
Lunch Box Ideas for The Whole Family
Lunch times are always one of those daily frustrations. What to have? Has everyone in the family got something organised? Do they need to buy something? Or sometimes, it's just totally forgotten and dealt with when you get hungry - often choosing a grab-and-go, not-so-healthy choice as a result. So in the spirit of everything going back to normal post school holidays and long weekend, I've scoured the online shelves of ShopNaturally.com.au and put together a range of lunch box ideas to suit everyone!
For your chance to win a $50 voucher, simply head to my Facebook page, find the post about this blog post, and tell us in the comments which product you'd most like to try and why. Entries close Sunday 8th Feb at midnight, and the winner will be drawn at random Monday 9th February. Goodluck!
1. To Go Ware Bamboo Cutlery Set Perfect for the handbag or office draw.
2. Holistic Chef Shaktis Superfood Blend Formulated by The Holistic Chef, Shakti Grace, this green superfood blend is made from 8 carefully selected ingredients. Add it to a smoothie, your favourite bliss balls, raw brownies and more. This supplement can assist with energy levels by boosting your nutrient intake in a gentle, easy to digest way. It’s a natural plant-based protein supplement and greens supplement combined. Made from spirulina, chlorella, bee pollen, barley grass, wheat grass, maca root, mesquite and chia seeds. It provides a dose of protein, calcium, magnesium, iron, zinc, B vitamins and fatty acids to support a healthy balanced diet and active lifestyle.
3. Fluf Organic Cotton Sandwich Pockets reusable, washable pouches to store sandwiches - no more messing about with cling wrap.
4. Fit Fresh Retro Insulated Lunch Bag An insulated lunch bag fitting all the essentials with a bonus ice pack.
5. Loving Earth Organic Deluxe Buckinis A luxurious addition to a simple muffin top, as a topping for your smoothie or yoghurt, as a trail mix on its own, or mixed with fresh berries, this deluxe granola-style mix contains maca powder to help naturally regulate hormones, buckwheat for long lasting energy, and a range of exotic dried fruit for a delicious flavour and a boost of fibre including goji berries, inca berries and white mulberries. Plus the addition of cacao nibs gives you a gentle energy buzz and a hit of plant chemicals that help us release serotonin, the ‘happy’ hormone. Whilst pepitas and cinnamon help to boost your skins healthy glow naturally.
6. Fit Fresh Giraffe Lunch Bag An insulated lunch bag that fits all the essentials and a bonus ice pack.
7. Goodie Balls Fruit Nut Energy Balls They are perfect for breakfast, go great with a coffee, make an excellent afternoon snack and are divine as a dessert. A mix of dates, sunflower seeds, raisins, sultanas, pepitas, almonds, figs, and coconut. Cure your 3:30itis with a nutrient rich snack that can help improve your natural detoxification pathways, reduce migraine occurrence, support your heart, reduce inflammation, and support bowel health!
8. Raw Superfood Banana Pecan Bar This vegan and paleo friendly bar is sweetened naturally with dates and banana, and contains heart healthy fats from almonds, chia seeds and pecans. A delicious easy to carry bar that tastes like a treat, but nourishes your insides!
Working at Home
1. Lifefactory Glass Lunch Box Graphite Durable, washable, glass lunch box and storage container fitting two cups worth of food. These multipurpose containers are great. You can bake in them, freeze them, microwave them and dishwasher clean them.
2. Power Superfoods Chia Power Black Chia Seeds perfect for making chia seed pudding. Simply combine with your favourite milk and flavourings for a nutrient rich snack. Toss in some fresh berries and seeds for crunch, or your favourite granola. Chia seeds are rich in calcium, protein, fibre and omega-3s, as well as a source of iron, folate, vitamin C, zinc and vitamin A helping to boost your daily intake of these essential nutrients.
3. Nakd Raw Cashew Cookie Bar A soft and tasty bar that supports your heart health, fights free radicals, and supports healthy bones thanks to its base of cashews. No flour, no sugar, no other additives, just dates and cashews.
4. Forbidden Foods Black Rice Working from home allows you the perks of being able to prepare food whenever you like. Having black rice ready cooked on hand, or preparing it when needed is up to you. But incorporating it into a salad or a veggie packed lunch dish is a great idea! Its very high in anthocyanins, a potent antioxidant that provides a range of health-protective activities in the body reducing our risk of chronic disease, inflammation and other cell damage. Black rice is also rich in iron and a good source of protein and fibre. It’s not your ordinary white rice!
5. Lifefactory Glass Lunch Box Huckleberry Durable, washable, glass lunch box and storage container fitting two cups worth of food. These multipurpose containers are great. You can bake in them, freeze them, microwave them and dishwasher clean them.
6. Pukka Serene Jasmine Tea A beautiful combination of organic green jasmine tea, chamomile & lavender, perfect for when productivity has gone out the window, you’re pulled in all directions, and the chores of home keep staring you in the face. Take a breather with this relaxing blend.
7. Glasslock 1L Glass Water Carafe Always drink plenty of water during the day to stay hydrated. Often you'll have a glass or mug on your table, and once it's empty you forget about it. Have this glass carafe by your side and reach your water intake easier!
8. 2die4 Activated Almonds Almonds contain the highest level of protein in any nut, and have a nice amount of fibre to help us stay full for longer too. Activated almonds have been soaked then dehydrated to make them easier to digest. They also end up being a little crispier than your average nut, making them a satisfying snack. A handful of these can help see you through to lunchtime.
9. Raw Blend Glass Smoothie Straw Some mornings it's straight into work and you need something quick and easy to sustain you. Whip up a smoothie and enjoy as you work with these reusable, washable, glass smoothie straws.
10. Power Superfoods Organic Dulse Flakes A great addition to your meals, these flakes are nutrient rich containing vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B6, B12, C, and E, and minerals like potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, chromium, iodine and zinc and trace elements. Add to soups, stews or sprinkled on salads.
11. Lifefactory Glass Lunch Box Orange Durable, washable, glass lunch box and storage container fitting two cups worth of food. These multipurpose containers are great. You can bake in them, freeze them, microwave them and dishwasher clean them.
1. Sea Shanti Chilli Seaweed Crisps - rich in iodine, these crispy snacks are a nourishing option to a packet of chips, and a source of calcium, vitamin B12, and vitamin C. One gram of seaweed has a day’s worth of iodine, which helps to maintain a healthy thyroid and metabolism. They’re also low calorie so they can eat the entire packet without a thought!
2. Coconut Magic Raw Energy Cacao Bar - a wholefood bar made out of dates, almonds, cashews, coconut, tahini, cacao, coconut oil, and coconut nectar. Better than a chocolate bar, you'll get sustained energy with a dose of iron, calcium, fibre, protein and satiating fats.
3.LunchBot stainless Steel Lunch box Durable, easy to clean, and enough space for a man-sized lunch.
4. LunchBot Snack Container - easy to fit a handful of nuts, some diced fruit, trail mix, or other snack neat and tidy without spilling into a pocket or bag.
5. Bamboo Serveware Easily have utensils ready to go in the car, office or your bag.
6. Dr Superfoods Brain Booster Super Mix - An antioxidant packed trail mix with a blend of berries and dark chocolate, as well as omega 3 from walnuts for a healthy brain and heart.
7. Pana Chocolate Nuts - Because when a craving hits, you can't beat the ganache-like chocolate from Pana. High in fat, but without any of the other additives in traditional chocolates, it's raw, vegan, dairy free and paleo friendly. The rich dark cacao also boosts your antioxidants for the day and your serotonin levels, helping to support your cardiovascular system and boost your mood.
1. Vital Greens Kids - Vital Kids has a natural mixed berry flavour and is sweetened with natural organic sweetener, Thaumatin, it’s a natural daily energy boost that tastes good and can be added to anything from smoothies, yoghurt, ice creams, and chia puddings. Great for kids who struggle getting their serves of fruit and vege in each day. It also contains prebiotic foods for gut health and brahmi, clinically tested to assist with memory and concentration.
2. Raw C Coconut Water – When kids refuse to drink water, or are constantly running around all day, this naturally sweet hydrator is the perfect pick me up. In a resealable BPA free container, it’s great for lunchboxes. Not to mention it’s a source of potassium for electrolyte replenishment on sports days.
3. Ceres Organics Mango Slices – Sometimes you may find at the end of the day, a sad piece of fruit with dents, bruises, or slices in it; it’s gone brown, soggy or just plain unappealing. So it stays uneaten. These mango slices are a great alternative if refrigeration is difficult, or if fresh fruit just keeps coming back home. No added sugar or preservatives, only 100% dried mango, rich in vitamin C and a source of fibre.
4. Fridge-2-go Lunch Bag Pink With 4 compartments, 1 inner larger, and 3 smaller areas, this is the ultimate in insulated lunch boxes for kids. Comes with an inner ice pack to keep things cool for up to 8 hours.
5. Kids Konserve Stainless Steel Snack Jars Trio Perfect for all kinds of snacks, including yoghurts and puddings.
6. Fridge-2-go Lunch Bag Camo With 4 compartments, 1 inner larger, and 3 smaller areas, this is the ultimate in insulated lunch boxes for kids. Comes with an inner ice pack to keep things cool for up to 8 hours.
7. Loving Earth Chia Seeds - perfect for making chia seed pudding. Simply combine with your favourite milk and flavourings for a nutrient rich snack your kids will love. Toss in some fresh berries and seeds for crunch, and even add the Vital Greens. Chia is rich in calcium, protein, fibre and omega-3s, as well as a source of iron, folate, vitamin C, zinc and vitamin A helping to boost your childs intake of these essential nutrients.
8. Fluf Organic Cotton Sandwich Pockets No more fussing with cling wrap. These reusable, washable sandwich pockets wrap them up just nicely.
9. Ceres Organics Quinoa Pasta – An easy to make, tasty alternative to regular white pasta, with the added nutritional benefits from quinoa including extra protein and fibre. Combine with shredded chicken, fresh basil, some tomato passata sauce and some diced veggies for a quick and easy main dish they won’t want to swap with friends!
1. Kids Konserve Ice Pack with Sweat Free Cover Ice packs are essential on hot days where bags are left outside for hours. Keep things cool and protect from food poisoning and spoilage with this sweat free ice pack.
2. Lunchbots Bento Cinco Stainless Steel Lunch Box Love snacking? This is the box you need. Put all your favourites into the one container and without them getting all muddled up.
3. Gimme Roasted Seaweed Snack rich in iodine, these crispy snacks are a nourishing option to a packet of chips, and a source of calcium, vitamin B12, and vitamin C. One gram of seaweed has a day’s worth of iodine, which helps to maintain a healthy thyroid and metabolism. It’s also the perfect snack for a bag that gets thrown around all day!
4. Amazonia Raw Protein Cacao Coconut A blend of easily digested bio-fermented pea and brown rice protein. This protein powder is a very portable after sport snack or supplement to support muscle repair, promote gut health due to its prebiotic properties, and when consumed in a smoothie or with their choice of milk – makes for a satisfying snack to keep hunger at bay till dinner time.
5. Loving Earth Raw Organic Coconut Chocolate Butter To avoid temptation in the canteen, serve up their favourite bread, crackers or a sliced apple with a slather of this satisfying chocolate butter. Rich in antioxidants from the cacao powder and loaded with satiating fats from the coconut, this spread satisfies the sweet tooth without overloading on refined sugar and other additives in common chocolate spreads.
6. Ceres Organics Pepitas Snack on them by themselves, add to yoghurt, a trail mix or make homemade granola clusters for a highly nutritious snack. Packed with zinc for immunity, supple hair skin and nails, and wound healing, they are a fabulous seed for teenagers and teenagers at heart!
7. Naturally Goji Tibetan Goji Berries These antioxidant rich berries are dried, so they wont melt, stain or squish into bags, pockets or other areas where food remains may be found. They support the immune system with vitamin C, contain beta carotene for healthy skin, and are a source of fibre for healthy bowels!
8. Lunchbots Cutlery Set An essential for any backpack. Saves losing cutlery from home, and cutting your gums on plastic throw-away options at school.