FIVE BURSTING BENEFITS OF BLUEBERRIES
Just handful of blueberries a day can deliver a huge range of health benefits. The secret lies in them having one of the highest antioxidant contents of all fruits and vegetables. Not only impressive for their blue hue, blueberries are rich in Vitamins A, C, B and E as well as a vast range of essential minerals such as iron and zinc. They also possess incredible anti-inflammatory and anti-ageing properties while being low in GI and natural sugars.
If you’re not already sold on this superfood hero the following health benefits will surely have you reaching for a punnet of these beauties.
- Blueberries have been shown to boost your brain health by improving memory and preventing the onset of Alzheimer’s and dementia.
- They are also capable at protecting against coronary heart disease and stroke risk. When it comes to fighting against cancer the powerful antioxidant capacity of the blueberry does just that by helping the body to defend against the damaging effects of free radicals.
- Looking after your body from the inside out, the blueberry not only slows the ageing process but they also protect the skin from sun damage and reduce the onset of wrinkles. Yes please!
- With their natural antifungal, antiviral and antibiotic properties blueberries are capable of suppressing urinary tract infections.
- They also support healthy vision, promote healthy weight management and weight loss and improve digestion and liver function.
So throw them in your smoothies, on top of your morning granola, blended into frozen banana for a blueberry dairy free 'ice cream', tossed in a fresh salad, or simply eaten as a snack on their own. Delicious!
You may also like: