Mini Pana Chocolate Mud Surprise Cupcakes (Gluten free, Grain free, Dairy free, Paleo friendly)
I made these decadent little cupcakes for a Wholefoods House in-store tasting last week. They flew out the door! If you didn't get a chance to try them, make some for your loved ones this Valentine's Day instead. Best served gently warmed to make the most of that molten chocolate surprise inside!
Gluten Free, Grain Free, Dairy Free, Paleo Friendly
Makes 36 mini cupcakes
1/4 cup raw cacao
¼ cup coconut flour
¼ cup almond meal
1 1/2 tsp gluten free baking powder
Pinch of sea salt
3 tbsp maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tbsp melted coconut oil or butter
2 tbsp coconut milk
3 Eighty Pana Chocolate blocks, chopped into 12 pieces
3 Raw Cacao Pana Chocolate blocks
3 Tbsp coconut milk
Optional – edible rose petals to decorate
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
- Combine almond meal, cacao, coconut flour, baking powder, sea salt.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolk and place in a separate bowl.
- Add the yolks, maple syrup, vanilla, coconut milk and coconut oil into the dry ingredients.
- Using an electric whisk, beat the egg whites till soft peaks form. Fold into the cupcake mixture.
- Spoon the mix into the mini muffin cases, approximately ¾ full.
- Place a square of Pana chocolate in the centre of each one, ensuring that it’s fully submerged.
- Bake for approximately 15-18 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- To make the ganache: Bring about an inch or two of water to a simmer in a small pot. Set a heatproof bowl on top of the pot, making sure the water doesn't touch the bottom of the bowl. Add the Pana chocolate and coconut milk. Stir chocolate occasionally as it softens. When you have just a few small unmelted chunks, remove bowl from heat (residual heat will melt the rest). Note: be careful not to have the bottom of the bowl touching the water or the water too hot, as it will split and/or burn the chocolate.
- Spoon the ganache onto each cupcake and set aside. Decorate with edible rose petals to serve.