Simple Low-Fodmap Pumpkin Soup
My Uncle has been giving me THE most amazing, fresh homegrown pumpkins this season! So this soup has been my go-to dish for late night dinners and when I'm feeling a little flat. It's so quick and easy to make and will leave you feeling satisfied, not bloated or overly full.
- 2 cups of raw Japanese/Kent pumpkin, chopped (About ¼ of a large pumpkin)
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock or broth (Massel's stock cubes are suitable!)
- ½ cup light coconut milk (check label for the one with the least amount of added ingredients, or use full fat)
- 3 spring onion sprigs, green ends only
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Your favourite low-fodmap bread and a little coriander or basil to serve
- (Optional) Swirl of extra virgin olive oil
Place all ingredients into a large pot over high heat.
Cook until the pumpkin is just soft and cooked through.
Add the mixture into a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve warm with your favourite piece of toast and a sprig of coriander or basil.