Gluten Free Chocolate Lavender Pancakes with Chocolate Sauce
Did you know tigernuts are actually root vegetables?
These super easy pancakes are made with tigernut flour as their base.
So technically, you're enjoying vegetables for breakfast when you make this dish...You're welcome :)
P.S - The image is of a double batch, so make it double if you're feeding 4.
- 1 cup of tigernut flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 tsp dried lavender
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Oil for cooking
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 can 400ml coconut cream
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup of dark chocolate, melted (optional, for extra decadence)
To decorate (optional):
- Extra dried lavender
- Chocolate shavings
- Dark chocolate Easter eggs
- Combine all wet pancake ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Whisk in the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Heat a medium-sized fry pan on medium heat and add about a tablespoon of oil.
- Spoon 1/4 of a cup of the mixture into the hot pan for one pancake. I could fit two pancakes easily at a time. Flip once after the edges are cooked. They'll take roughly 1-2 minutes to cook each side.
- Stack pancakes on a plate and serve with chocolate sauce, shaved chocolate, Easter eggs and a sprinkle of lavender.
Chocolate Sauce Directions:
- Combine all ingredients except the melted chocolate in a medium bowl. Slowly whisk in the melted chocolate if you want to make it really decadent.
- Store the remainder in a sealed container in the fridge. It will firm up in the fridge if you'd like to use it as more of a chocolate cream. The leftovers also convert into a killer Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream too! ;) Enjoy!