A deliciously thick and creamy yoghurt for those avoiding dairy. It can be vegan depending on the culture starter source.
- 2 x 400ml tins full fat organic coconut milk, refrigerated
- 1 sachet of Turkish Kefir Starter Culture or alternative culture starter
- 1 tsp vanilla powder (ground vanilla bean)
- 1-2 tsp maple syrup (optional)
- Scoop out only the white part of the coconut milk into an airtight glass container, leaving the clear liquid behind.
- Stir in the starter culture.
- Add the vanilla bean powder and the maple syrup. Stir well.
- Tightly seal with lid. Place in an incubator (e.g. an easiyo) or a room temperature area (away from direct sunlight) for 24-36 hours. The hotter the weather, check a little sooner. Once it’s ready, store in the fridge and enjoy!
Scoop a teaspoon or two onto a slice of Fruit and Nut Loaf. Enjoy on muesli, or atop of a chia seed pudding. It also pairs beautifully with a sprinkle of cinnamon and some fresh fruit.