Hot, balmy Summer days in Australia call for a freezer stacked full of ice cream options. Not one Summer went by in my childhood that wasn’t down by the beach in Byron Bay, Evans Head, or Ballina. Now, living on the Sunshine Coast, I’m completely spoilt for choice with beach options.
But having a food intolerance to dairy and wanting to keep my diet somewhat free of added sugars where possible, I’m no longer racing to the corner store for the usual ice cream. I’m at home whipping up my own with a whole range of healthy goodies bursting with nutrients so I can enjoy my ice cream and feel good too!
This recipe is literally loaded with flavours of Summer. The fresh mango, juicy pineapple and a hint of coconut take me back to sandy, Summer days every time. Enjoy this ‘nice’ cream on its own, in a cone (gluten-free or otherwise) or wedged between a couple of cookies for a delicious ‘nice’ cream sandwich!
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
- No Added Sugar
- All Natural
- Rich in Vitamin C
- Source of Beta Carotene
- Anti-Inflammatory Properties
- 110g fresh mango, peeled
- 200g pineapple, fresh or frozen
- 100g sweet potato, peeled, steamed
- 1tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- Add all ingredients into a high-speed blender and whizz until smooth. Pour into a container and freeze for at least 2-3 hours.
- Remove from freezer. Scoop out and serve.
Note: If your ice cream is completely frozen, let it sit at room temperature for 15 mins or so before serving. Or until it’s a consistency you enjoy.
P.S. It’s dog-friendly too – tested and approved! 😉